Who is Exclamation Services?
“Do What You Do Best, We’ll Do the Rest”
Exclamation Services, LLC is a Credit Union Service Organization actively seeking a creative addition to the Marketing team. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly self-motivated, creative thinker to work closely with the award-winning Marketing team.
Exclamation Services is a limited liability company (LLC) run by a board of directors elected by Simplicity Credit Union. Simplicity Credit Union is the sole owner of Exclamation Services, LLC.
Exclamation Services provides Human Resource, Marketing, Information Technology, and Operational services to credit unions and non-credit union clients
Reports To: CEO
The Business Development Representative is a specialized sales role related to the Marketing, Human Resource, IT, and Operations departments for the Credit Union Service Organization, Exclamation Services. While a subject matter expert from the specific department works directly with existing clients to manage the project relationship and serve their current needs, this position is focused on identifying and building new business relationships. The expectation for this position is to achieve the established sales and revenue goals for Exclamation.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, that always projects a positive and friendly image for the credit union service organization through interactions with clients and co-workers. Build and develop new business relationships with potential Exclamation clients.
- Cold calling prospects to generate leads as well as maintaining productive and expanded relationships with current clients.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Communicate client and account requirements for existing and new clients to specific department (Marketing, HR, IT, and Operations).
- Report on selling, client and territory activity, market trends, growth strategies and competition.
- Maintain sales and project report, updating weekly.
- Assist on special projects, product launch, client pricing, sales reporting, strategic growth, and new product development.
- Recommend, schedule, manage, and participate in industry trade shows and events; including set-up, tear down, show management, sales and client/prospect contact, and lead follow-up.
- Manage sales database to prospect, qualify, promote services, and manage data.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends and developments in the markets we serve; identify needs for new products and services and make recommendations to Executive Management.
- Coordinate the development and execution of Exclamation’s promotional and thought leadership activities, including updates to the website, content development, seminars, articles, blogs, podcasts, studies and reports, including the annual CU CEO Survey and the annual Insights Summit.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- BS in Business Administration, Marketing, or 4+ years equivalent industry work experience.
- Previous outside sales experience is preferred.
- Effective and persuasive verbal and written communication skills are required to successfully deliver information and clarify understanding of products and services to prospective and current clients; proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of people, including executive levels, via phone, email and in person.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required; ability to learn and effectively use CRM software.
- Excellent presentation skills, especially to CEOs and executive teams.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- This position will require travel.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills required to interface with multidisciplinary groups.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner, as well as comfortable speaking in front of large groups and occasionally serving as a spokesperson for Exclamation to outside organizations.
- Service-oriented; a team player.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not, and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization-relevant.
- Lives and advances Exclamation’s core beliefs:
- Our world runs on fresh ideas.
- Curious minds create opportunities.
- We were meant to work together.
- Expect to exceed expectations.
- Growth is the goals.
- Spend time doing what you love.
- Takes initiative to be involved in networking opportunities within the communities we serve and the credit union industry.
- Generates innovative ideas, and creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Models behavior that builds inter-personal trust and personal integrity within the team.
- Willingness to take on additional roles or responsibilities that contribute to the success of the team.