Who is Exclamation Services?
“Do What You Do Best, We’ll Do the Rest”
Exclamation Services and Simplicity Credit Union is actively seeking a Helpdesk Specialist to join our IT Team. This position serves in a dual role with Exclamation Services and Simplicity CU.
Exclamation Services is a limited liability company (LLC) run by a board of directors elected by Simplicity Credit Union. Simplicity Credit Union is the sole owner of Exclamation Services, LLC.
Exclamation Services provides Human Resource, Marketing, Information Technology, and Operational services to credit unions and non-credit union clients.
Reports To: VP of IT
The Helpdesk Specialist is responsible for providing prompt, professional, efficient, and accurate technical and administrative support to clients and co-workers. This role is a member of the Information Technology team and will participate in the off hours on-call rotation, development projects, and maintaining the efficiency of the Simplicity network.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, that always projects a positive and friendly image through interactions with clients and co-workers. This position will work out of our Stevens Point or Marshfield location and telecommuting is an option.
- As the first point of contact, will perform “help desk” functions for co-workers and clients by answering questions, recommending, or performing solutions, and knowing when to involve third-party vendors to address an issue in a timely manner with minimal disruption to co-worker or client.
- Record events and their resolution into ticketing tracking systems as well as follow-up and update the originator of the request on the status.
- Work with clients and co-workers throughout the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Assist with various IT projects as assigned, adhering to the stated deadlines and objectives.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures as they relate to IT and systems-related activities.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- Proven experience as a Helpdesk Specialist or other customer support role with a working knowledge of Windows based operating systems, office products, databases, and remote-control applications.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills are required to handle numerous tasks at one time and maintain a high level of productivity within the department.
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Strong customer service skills: ability to communicate users’ needs with detail.
- Advanced user with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with helpdesk software preferred.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Service-oriented; a team player.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.